1) To establish an international representative body to address the rights, concerns, interests and needs of AIA member worldwide.
2) To develop and implement sustainable initiatives and solutions to improve code of conduct, working conditions, health, safety and other operating standards.
3) To lobby effectively for change in legislation, practices and attitudes that impact negatively on AIA members.
4) To create more work, business and investment opportunities for AIA members.
5) To establish a global media platform to enable AIA members to communicate effectively with government officials, concerned citizens and other members of the community.